RagNa SS: Obsessive Love Chapter 12 (Final Chapter)


The next day...

 

6:00 a.m.

 

"Dad...Please save Kalpana...I tried searching Priya everywhere but couldn't find her. She's neither in her house nor has she visited the NGO again. If she doesn't come to the court today, Kalpana will not get bail and she will have to stay in jail for another month. I don't want that to happen dad...Please do something." Raghav pleads over the phone.

 

"I'm coming to Mumbai Raghav. I've spoken to the lawyer and I'll set things right. Don't panic now and believe in God. Nothing will happen to Kalpana." Vikram assures Raghav and cuts the call before boarding the flight.

 

11:00 a.m.

 

 

Kalpana gets down from the police van and watches Raghav running towards her. The constables prevent him from hugging her and she looks at him with tears filled in her eyes. He asks them for a minute and talks to her about the case. "I am scared Raghav. I feel that I'm getting punished for all the wrong things I've done in my life." She starts weeping and Raghav wipes her tears saying "Nothing's going to happen to you. Just few hours more and then everything will be fine. You'll be at home. Trust me." He says with confidence and she smiles. Kasturi and Rajeev try to console Kalpana as she walks upstairs towards the courtroom while they keep waiting outside for Vikram.

 

12:00 p.m.

 

The hearing starts and the public prosecutor presents the finger print report and the killer weapon before the judge while the defense lawyer tries to negate the evidences saying that they are circumstantial evidences and nothing can be proved by just presenting the killer weapon as Priya who is a prime witness in this case is still missing. The public prosecutor argues saying that may be Priya was also attacked by Kalpana and hence she fear her life is in danger.

 

 

Kalpana looks at Raghav who has still not entered the court room and Kasturi keeps signalling Kalpana to be calm. Kalpana is made to answer many questions asked by the public prosecutor which are twisted and confusing and Kalpana being nervous from the start answers them truthfully making her case go weaker.

 

 

Raghav keeps waiting for Vikram and gets nervous as his lawyer has no evidence to prove Kalpana as innocent. Vikram calls Raghav and tells him to wait for him as he is reaching the court in 45 minutes.

 

After half an hour, the court takes a break for lunch and Raghav assures Kalpana that his dad told him to wait till he arrives. He makes her feel positive.

 

The court hearing starts and Kalpana keeps staring at Raghav who smiles and makes her feel that things would be fine soon.

 

After 10 minutes, Raghav notices his dad's car and he rushes down to meet his dad. Vikram gets down and hugs Raghav saying "Everything will be fine now. I've found Priya and she's with me here." Priya gets down from the other side and looks apologetically at Raghav.

 

"When I arrived at the Mumbai Airport, I got a call from the detective whom I had paid to track Priya. He told me she is near a temple in Andheri and I went there and found her sitting silently on the steps. When I went next to her, she got scared and started weeping and refused to come with me but when I told her that Kalpana has been arrested for her crime, she agreed to come with me."

 

******************

 

The defense lawyer keeps defending Kalpana and keeps saying that there was no valid reason for Kalpana to kill Ramesh and hence the evidences don't prove anything against his client. As he continues saying this, Priya walks in and raises her hand asking permission to come in the witness box and give her statement.

 

Priya stands in the box and says loudly "I killed my father." On hearing this, the people in the court remain stunned to hear Priya's confession and the judges tries to silence them by saying "Order order." He turns towards Priya and asks her to continue.

 

Priya looks at Kalpana and says "Mam hasn't committed any crime. I killed Ramesh. I stabbed him."

 

 

The public prosecutor approaches her and asks politely "Are you saying this because Kalpana or her family have threatened you?" Priya nods her head in a refusal and the lawyer asks "Why? Why did you kill your father?"

 

Priya looks up and turns to face Raghav who was standing quietly in a corner watching her. She then looks at Kasturi and Rajeev and feels guilty as she has hurt all of them who had looked after her and fed her when she was small. Raghav who had given her a shelter when she was in need, Kasturi and Rajeev who gave her toys and clothes and treated her as they treated Kalpana.

 

Priya takes a deep breath and says "Because...Because that man wanted to kill me that day."

 

"He wanted to kill you?" The public prosecutor asks and the judge says "Please be clear Miss. Priya."

 

"He wanted to kill me as...as I am carrying his child." She breaks down and Kalpana and Raghav get a shock on hearing her confession.

 

 

Priya continues saying "He was my step father. I was only 5 years when my mom remarried after my dad's death. When I was 7-8 years old, he started working with the Kapoors and I used to go to school while my mom used to work in other houses and stitch clothes.         One day while cooking food, my mom and Ramesh started fighting for money and in anger, Ramesh took the hot oil from the gas and poured it on her. She died." Priya falls down while remembering that moment and the police constable gives her a chair and a glass of water.

 

After few moments, she composes herself and says "From that day, I hated that man as he killed my mom. He stopped working with the Kapoors and we were starving at home. It was one day when Rajeev sir came to our house and offered us to start working again and that time even I accompanied Ramesh to earn money. As time passed by and I grew up as a girl, Ramesh started beating and molesting me. I used to keep crying but I couldn't understand what he was doing. Kasturi mam tried to help me but I couldn't tell her anything. With the result, he kept on misbehaving with me and I kept tolerating him thinking he is my father and he needs me to take care of him but as a child, I also wanted love from someone and when I used to watch Kalpana mam getting love from her parents and having a friend like Raghav sir, I used to feel jealous. I don't know when I started feeling for Raghav sir but I knew that I am just a maid and not as beautiful and rich as Kalpana mam. When Kalpana mam and Raghav sir got married, I came back to reality and accepted my fate. It was 2 months later when I got to know about my pregnancy and Ramesh started panicking thinking he'll fall in trouble if anyone got to know about it. He started beating me everyday and one day I just eloped from there thinking he might kill my child. I did not want my child to die as my child was my only hope for me to live. I reached the NGO and there Raghav sir brought me to his house."

 

 

She continues with a heavy heart "Last night, Ramesh  entered my room from the window and he had a knife in his hand. On hearing some noise, I woke up and wanted to scream but he caught my mouth tight and he whispered in my ears that he wants to kill me. When he was about to stab me, I caught the knife and pushed him. I did not realize when I stabbed him and he fell down. That moment someone entered the room and I screamed and threw the knife on the floor. Thinking abut what had happened, I just left the house and hid in the temple so that nobody harms me and my child. I did not know that Kalpana mam would be arrested for my crime and I could never let this happen and hence I am come here to surrender myself."

 

***********************

 

The judge makes a note of the confession and the court remains silent for few moments. Kalpana keeps crying feeling guilty of all those taunts and curses she had given Priya as she was unaware of her misery. Raghav too feels saddened to hear a father raping his own daughter.

 

The court passes the judgement of releasing Priya and Kalpana from the crime. Kalpana being proved innocent and Priya being a victim herself and the crime being an act of self defense, the case gets closed.

 

6 months pass by...

 

Priya gives birth to a baby girl. Kalpana and Raghav gift the child a gold chain and Kasturi carries the baby in her hands saying "My grand daughter. I'll keep her name Prachi which means "A morning" and she's the new morning to her mom and I wish you and you little kid all the happiness and love."

 

Priya smiles and says "Thanks mam. After what I've done, you have given me so much love. I am so touched."

 

Kasturi scolds her and says "It's mom, not mam. And what I have done for you is because I love you. You're just like my Kalpana and this child is my grand child, my Prachi."

 

Kalpana hugs her and says "Mom is right. Now you're like my little sister and it's me who should thank you. After hearing about your truth, I realized my mistakes and my love for Raghav. I was so obsessive about him that I started hating you for no reason. It was not you who came in between us but it was my insecurity that made me doubt him." Raghav hugs her and says "You're wrong Kalpi. It was both of us who kept hurting each other knowingly and unknowingly. But now bygones and bygones and I want us to always remain happy and keep loving each other this way." He kisses her on the forehead and Rajeev teases them saying "Ahem...Ahem...This is not the right place kids."

 

Kalpana feels embarrassed and moves him behind. She looks at Priya and smiles saying "I pray that we always remain happy like this."

 

Raghav blushes and says "I'm very happy as now I got a SIL now." Kalpana hits him on the shoulder and they all start laughing. Vikram takes a family pic and all pose to capture the moment.


Disclaimer:  The character names in the story are fictional characters and owned by the creators of the show "Ek Mutthi Asmaan" on ZEE TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ragna Stories Index

Here are the stories that I have written on RagNa: RagNa SS: Love & Revenge (A battle between lovers) RagNa SS: Anyone can fall in ...