RagNa SS: Obsessive Love Chapter 11


Raghav moves his eyes from Kalpana and looks down at the body lying lifeless with blood oozing out from the body and scattered on the floor. He falls on his knees looking at the body and his eyes go blur.

 

An hour later...

 

Police sirens could be heard and the ambulance arrives at the Singhania house. The ward boys rush in and make Raghav move to aside as they pick up the body. The constables mark the place and seal it with their sings. A lady constable keeps asking Kalpana a bunch of questions but Kalpana stands mum before her. She holds the knife firmly and is still in the state of trauma.

 

 

Kalpana's mom Kasturi reaches there and asks Raghav about the incident. She approaches him and questions him about the murder. He stands silently as he stammers "Kal...Kalpi...She...she was holding a knife..." He chokes while talking at Kasturi widens her eyes with shock. "No...No...Kalpi...She can't harm...Raghav..." She holds his shoulders and shakes him asking "Tell me Raghav...She din't kill anyone? Please...My daughter is not a murderer...She holding a knife doesn't prove anything...She can't do this."

 

 

"Mr. Singhania." The constable says in a loud voice. On receiving no answer, she repeats "Mr. Singhania, can you hear me?" Raghav looks up and replies "Yes."

 

"Mr. Singhania, we need to take Mrs. Singhania with me to the police station. We need to interrogate her." Raghav gets up with an astonishment and fear in his eyes and asks "Why? Why are you taking her?" Kasturi holds Kalpana's hand and asks her "Kalpi...You dint do anything right? Then why they are taking you to the police station? Tell me beta...I won't let anything happen to you...Tell me the truth." She caresses her face but Kalpana remains quite and leaves with the constable. Raghav keeps looking at Kalpana with teary eyes and feels helpless.

 

 

 

******

 

Two hous later..

 

 

"What were you doing in that room Mrs. Singhania at that time in the night?"

 

"I...I had gone...I mean I was angry with...with Priya. I wanted to talk to her and henc eI went there."

 

"About what? Was it that urgent that you had to talk to her at 3:00 a.m.?"

 

"Yes. I was angry as I said."

 

"Angry enough that you wanted to kill her? Then why you killed her father?"

 

Kalpana looks up and tears keep dropping from her eyes.

 

"I dint kill anyone." She screams loudly. "I dint want to kill Priya neither did I kill her dad. I agree I was angry and frustrated with her but killing her? No..I can't think of such a cruel act."

 

Kalpana goes back by 5 hours and rethinks of the entire incident.

 

I was upset and decided to talk to Priya and get rid of her from my house. I wanted to by all means throw her out. It was about 2:45 a.m. when I walked downstairs and knocked Priya's room door. I knocked it thrice and received no answer. I then opened it with my key and noticed the room was all dark. I could just hear someone crying and I guess that was Priya but I am not sure as I had taken anti depressants which were making me feel dizzy. After few seconds, I heard a scream  and the person pushed me to the wall while the person's hand hit my face. The person then escaped through the window. I tried to look who it was but it all happened in a split of a second. I tried to compose myself and realize what was happening and then my eyes fell ona  shiny thing on the floor. I bent to pick it up and when I caught it in my hand, the lights were turned ON and Raghav was standing before me. I looked at him while my vision was still blur and I turned to see what I was holding. It was a knife, a knife bearing blood and there was a body lying on the floor. Raghav bent down and turned the body. It was Ramesh's body.

 

*************

 

 

Rajeev and Raghav reach the police station with their lawyer and try to release Kalpana on bail.

 

"I know that you haven't done anything...You cannot ever do anything wrong Kalpi...I trust you." Raghav says while holding Kalpana's hands.

 

"Do you really trust me? After all that I said and did?" She looks down and keeps weeping.

 

"Please Kalpi...I know that we our relationship has been quite bitter since few months...But my trust on you has never faded. My Kalpi can never kill anybody...Never even dream of doing this...It's all because of me that you today you're here...You were right. I shouldn't have brought Priya to my house. Never knew that she would kill her own dad." Raghav says with guilt in his eyes.

 

"Are you sure she did this? Why will Priya kill her father?"

 

"I don't know Kalpi...But she's missing since this incident. The watchman did not see Ramesh entering our house but when he heard a scream, he noticed Priya running away covering her face."


Disclaimer:  The character names in the story are fictional characters and owned by the creators of the show "Ek Mutthi Asmaan" on ZEE TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ragna Stories Index

Here are the stories that I have written on RagNa: RagNa SS: Love & Revenge (A battle between lovers) RagNa SS: Anyone can fall in ...